Tuesday, June 23, 2009

100 Things

I got this from Melissa.

The instructions: Just copy the list of 100 accomplishments, highlight the ones you've achieved in bold, and elaborate as desired.

001. Started my own blog. I started this blog last year mostly to have a bit of fun, and have met so many wonderful people thru the blogs.



002. Slept under the stars. When we still lived in Norway we had a huge yard and loved to sleep outside in the summer. Tejo, our Estrela mountain dog always slept with us.

003. Played in a band.

004. Visited Hawaii. On my list!

005. Watched a meteor shower.

006. Given more than I can afford to charity.

007. Been to DisneyWorld/Land. Been to disney world twice, 1st time I was 11, and then a few years ago with my late ex-MIL and her best friend. We had such a blast.

008. Climbed a mountain.

009. Held a praying mantis.

010. Sung a solo. Nope and the world thanks me since I can't carry a tune LOL

011. Bungee jumped. hell no LOL

012. Visited Paris. My family did a RV tour around Europe one summer. It was great seeing Paris, but def would have preferred a hotel to the RV LOL.

013. Watched lightning at sea.

014. Taught myself an art from scratch. Knitting

015. Adopted a child. Only if you count pets.

016. Had food poisoning. Oh yeah, I can't eat McDonald's breakfast or airline food since I got food poisioning on both and just thinking about it makes me queezy.

017. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

018. Grown my own vegetables.

019. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. On that trip with my family.

020. Slept on an overnight train. On a different trip. It was from Denmark thru most of France.

021. Had a pillow fight.

022. Hitchhiked.

023. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.

024. Built a snow fort.

025. Held a lamb.

026. Gone skinny dipping.

027. Run a marathon.

028. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. It really was pretty cool. But at the time the water smelled so bad so we were happy when the trip was over.

029. Seen a total eclipse.

030. Watched a sunrise or a sunset.

031. Hit a home run.

032. Been on a cruise.

033. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Christmas my senior year in Highschool, my family drove over to the canadian side and had dinner in a revolving restaurant on Christmas eve. They had these cool lightshows so that you could see all kinds of christmas and disney characters on the waterfall. OMG it was freezing cold too LOL.

034. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors. Eventhough my family is Norwegian our founding family was part from Denmark. There is actually a town with our last name "Ubberud" and my immediate family (6 of us) are the last Ubberuds in the world.

035. Seen an Amish community.

036. Taught myself a new language. Learned enough in school lol (English, Norwegian, French, German) When I lived in South Africa, I also learned Zulu and Africansk.

037. Had enough money to be satisfied. At times.

038. Had a tatoo removed. Nope love my tattoo

039. Spit off a bridge.

040. Seen Michelangelo's David. It's gorgeous.

041. Sung karaoke. Once again the world thanks me for not singing LOL

042. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. On my list.

043. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.

044. Visited Africa. Lived in South Africa, Durban for 3 yrs. My bro was actually born there.

045. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
046. Been transported in an ambulance. And hope to never have to lol.

047. Had my portrait painted.

048. Gone deep sea fishing.

049. Been to the Sistine Chapel in person. Totally amazing!

050. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Ok not all the way to the top since it was closed for repairs.

051. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. I really want to do this, it is on my list!

052. Kissed in the rain.

053. Played in the mud.

054. Gone to a drive-in theater.

055. Been in a movie. Actually it was a commercial. Findus Fish Fingers and I was the little girl in it and did the voice over too.

056. Visited the Great Wall of China.

057. Started a business. All us kids in the neighborhood (in Norway) would sell all the fruit that the adults paid us to pick of everyones trees lol.

058. Taken a martial arts class.

059. Visited Russia.

060. Served at a soup kitchen.

061. Sold Girl Scout cookies.

062. Gone whale watching.

063. Got flowers for no reason.

064. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma.

065. Gone sky diving.

066. Visited a Nazi concentration camp site.

067. Bounced a check.

068. Flown in a helicopter. I don't remember this but I was about 4 yrs old at the time and we were living in South Africa. It was Christmas and I was chosen to fly with Santa in his helicopter. My pic was even in the newspaper lol.

069. Saved a favorite childhood toy up until adulthood. I have a stuffed elephant (Ella) that my parents gave me when I was just a few months old. I still have her, she sits on top of my bookcase.

070. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. It was very cool!

071. Eaten caviar. Yep lots of times yummy. But I only like the black on, the others taste weird to me.

072. Pieced a quilt. no but it is on my list.

073. Stood in Times Square. On New Years eve, same trip as seeing Niagra Falls.

074. Toured the Everglades.

075. Been fired from a job. Well more like laid lol I worked as a temp for an apt complex. I told the manager I could set up the program so the form would be on the server and all they had to do was enter the additional info into the program and it would print it out. I was so efficent they didn't need me anymore. Worse is that another lady was out as well because of that LOL.

076. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. The one time I've been to London, we saw it. Pretty cool.

077. Broken a bone. Only toes.

078. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

079. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. On my list.

080. Published a book.

081. Visited the Vatican. Been to the museum, Mass and confession there.

082. Bought a brand new car. Im hoping my next car will be a new one.

083. Walked in Jerusalem.

084. Had my picture in the newspaper. See above on helicoptor ride with Santa.

085. Read the entire Bible. Raised Roman Catholic, that was what sunday school was all about lol.

086. Visited the White House. Seen from outside only.

087. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.

088. Had chickenpox.

089. Saved someone's life. My sister was only a probably 7-8 months old. We were on vacation some where tropical and my parents had put her on one of those loundge chairs out by the pool and she started rolling. I caught her just before she was to hit the ground (concret). I was only 8 yrs old at the time.

090. Overcome a physical disability.

091. Met someone famous.

092. Joined a book club. Was part of eHarliquine, bookclub but had to quit due to financial issues while going thru my divorce.

093. Lost a loved one. Grandparents on both sides of the family including other family members on my mom's side.

094. Had a baby.

095. Seen the Alamo in person. One of the few trips I took with my ex.

096. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.

097. Been involved in a law suit.

098. Owned a cell phone. I got rid of my housephone since everyone was always calling me on my cell. It is an extension of me LOL.

099. Been stung by a bee. A couple of times. Boy, does it hurt.

100. Ridden an elephant. At the Texas Rennfest a few years ago.

What about you?

10 comments:

Basset Human Slave! said...

Oh my goodness - what a huge list of questions!
Very well done for answering them all.
You do seem to have had an interesting life.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Brandy said...

You have been everywhere! And know so much! You are a true renaissance woman!

Melissa McClone said...

This was fun to read. Thanks for doing it!

Dru said...

Wow you've been to places that I hope to visit. This was fun.

Anne-Kathrine said...

LOL Thanks Brandy. My parents like to move around so we got to see a lot of places and travel a lot. It got old uprooting all the time though.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Martha and Bailey. Moving around so much growing up really has paid off LOL.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Dru. I loved reading everyone elses so wanted to share my experiences.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Melissa, after seeing yours then Dru's and Marianne's I just had to do it too lol.

Mack said...

WOW ! You have had a MUCH more exciting life than my mom!! About the only thing she's done is ridden that Renaissance elephant!

Are you Norwegian?? My daddy is Norwegian!! Too cool!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Mack. My parents insisted on moving a round alot so we got to see a lot of places which is cool.

Yep Im norwegian :)