Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Nanuchy (10/24/09)

(I know this is a day early but since I have all my pics on this computer I wanted to make sure I got them out there)
Tomorrow (10/24/09) Nanuchy will be 14 yrs old. Woot. I'm extra excited about this since she was sooo sick back in Aug. Happy Birthday baby!! Mama loves you lots!! She was my very 1st completely my dog!



Here's a baby pic of my little Terror lol. Nanuchy aka Gucci was about 3-4 months old in this pic. She had just gotten a bath lol. Went to the SPCA here in Houston TX in Dec 1995. I really wanted a puppy since I was in college living on my own and really missed having a dog.


Gucci is about 6-7 months in this pic. She was all of 8 weeks old when I saw her at the SPCA. A cute little brown bundle of fur (I know she turned lighter no idea why lol). I was told she was some kind of poodle/terrier/Lhasa/whatnot mix lol. It took exactly 1 week for this cute little angel to turn into a totally dominant bitch (and I used that in a totally loving way lol). I decided to settle on her being a Terror Mix. Seemed to suit her personality lol. She hasn't met a dog she hasn't been able to beat up. Doesn't matter if they are 100 lbs. She doesn't play fair lol. People think because she is a cute little cream colored dog that she is sweet. Wrong lol she only likes a handful of dogs and certain people. And don't think for one min she won't bite lol. Needless to say I keep all interactions very closely monitored.



This one of my favorite pics of Gucci with Bonzo (our bernese mountain dog, my sister's heartdog and we brought him over from Switzerland). They met when Nanuchy was 6 month old and Bonzo was about 6 yrs old. It was love at first sight between them. She totally loved him and he was complete with her in his life (he had been abandoned things we found out later due to how he reacted to storms/collar being taken off/fed/men grrrrr). He was totally ok with Gucci being boss. Very often Bonzo would be asleep and Nanuchy would cover him with all her stuffies. Didn't bother him one bit. When Bonzo went blind and deaf he still enjoyed his walks. But he kept walking into things no matter how closely we watched him. Well we started noticing Nanuchy walking in front of him with her tail up and he would touch is nose to it. She was his very own eye seeing dog. She never let him run into anything after that. And no I didn't teach her this, she figured it out on her own! When we had to let Bonzo go after a series of seizures that gave him brain damage (he was about 11) I honestly thought Gucci won't recover. She was completely heartbroken and wouldn't bond with anyone. She eventually came out of her shell. (sorry didn't mean to go off on that sad note)



As you can see Nanuchy sure loves her walk lol. She was a few years old here and running in the rain. I think this pic is cute. Everyone has a bad hair day occasionally lol.


Gucci has always claimed all the beds lol. I have 2 rottie sized orthopedic beds in the apt. At all of 25 lbs will spread out and get comfy. Sonja (sheltie) isn't allowed to sleep with her lol. Sonja has to sleep on a smaller bed lol. (Cause everyone has 6 doggy beds in their apt right?)


The cats on the other hand are allowed to sleep with her. Pirata is on the left and Patches is on the right. It was a cool night and she didn't mind the extra body heat lol.



This pic is kinda dark. I took it this morning on their morning walk. Both my sis and parents are out of town so I'm petsitting the bunch lol. I normally walk all 4 of them at the time since they are pretty good about listening and staying together. It's a bit hard to tell but on the top of the pic is Pompom (parents' dog left), Nanuchy (middle), Squeaky (sis's dog right) with Sonja close to me lol.



Had to share this pic again. Gucci looks so happy in these pics. You will notice that her fur is short in most pics. I have to shave her down due to allergies otherwise she would look like Benjii :) And she hates to be brushed so shaving her down is just easier. And grooming is another fun adventure. Can anyone say Cujo??? LOL


Nanuchy is really doing pretty well. She is 14, almost completely blind and almost completely deaf. Has a heart murmur and in kidney failure. But she is totally holding her own. She is eating and drinking well. Minimal accidents (since she has been on the leaking meds). Only thing is she has developed some sores on her body. It is due to her body working hard and her immune system having a hard time keeping up. As long as she is happy she will keep on going the way she is. She is more tired and more grumpy but then again she has always been grumpy lol. She isn't Her Royal Highness, she is Her Royal Grouchiness LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish my baby a happy birthday, and that I love her even when she makes me crazy lol. She has def taught me to be a better pet owner. It has been a huge challenge and I pray to never had a dominant dog like that again lol.

32 comments:

Martha and Bailey said...

Happy Barkday Nanuchy - we loved all your pics. Weren't you just the sweetest little pup too and still adorable at 14 yrs of age!!!
We loved reading your post - we understand your personality completely - well Bailey certainly does!
Yes life with dogs isn't always the easiest for these humans but we want to congratulate you on finding one who just loves you to bits.
You are one special little dog.
Here's to next year! Keep going little dog we just love your fighting spirit!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUCCI!
And your clone, Murphy, sends his regards as well!
Sue, Henry, Murphy, katt and Squeaker!

Marianne Arkins said...

Awww... happy birthday!!! FOURTEEN YEARS -- that's amazing. What a cutie (despite her being a Terror mix, lol).

Hope she has a great day.

Brandy said...

Happy Fourteenth Birthday Naunchy! Love the picture of her walking in the rain! Too cute!

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Happy birthday to Nanuchy - we find it hard to believe that you are at all grouchy:) At 14, you can be whatever way you want to be. We just loved the story about her and Bonzo - what a sweet and caring pup.

Hope she has a wonderful day.

woos, the OP Pack

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Happy Birthday to a furry special girrrrl!

Tank woo fur sharing all the khool pikhs and the special details about her!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: My eldest SibeSta Kyrye will be 15 next Wednesday so we understand and appreciate the marvel of it all!

Mack said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl!

She's a lot like our Paris. Sweet looking on the outside but Watch Out!

Her royal grouchiness - that's funny!

Dory and the Mama said...

Happy Birthday Gucci!!! You are so very special!!!

Smileys!
Dory

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Sue. And you know how much fun its to have a TerrorX LOL.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Martha & Bailey. She def is special and enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing over the weekend lol. She did throw up and have diarrhea again on Sun. I hope it's only something in passing and not her kidneys.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Marianne. LOL yep she is a good little dog, she def knows what she wants and gets it too LOL.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks OP pack. LOL Looks are so deceiving with her. She loved Bonzo completely!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Brandy. I love that pic too, it shows her funny side lol.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Khyra. And happy birthday to Kyrye, 15 is great!!!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Dory! Yes she def is special. She had a good weekend overall. No extra treats due to all her allergies.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Mack. Yep look are sooo deceiving lol. And she got the title of HRG years ago LOL.

Naqvee said...

dogs are an integral part of life,. they love you like crazzy more than your own kids, they obey you more than your students, they follow you as you are the ultimate leader, they listen to you as no one is as eloquent as you are.. they want you... because you are their family.

dogs are more than humans. congrats for your lovely family.
All the best

Melissa McClone said...

Happy Belated Birthday Naunchy! I hope you had an absolutely fabulous day with your mommy and all your fur siblings! Great pics!!!!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Naqvee. Very well said. My life would be soo empty without my babies, no matter the challenge. I haven't regretted any of them. I have regretted many "friends" I've had over the years!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Melissa. There was lots of nappying involved which was perfect for them. I read, checked emails and watched movies, pretty good weekend for me too :)

Honey the Great Dane said...

Happy BIrthday, Nanuchy! Wow - 14yrs is a great age!! Loved all the photos, especially the one of the "bad hair day" in the rain - ha! ha!

Life With Dogs said...

Happy birthday to one very well cared for pooch!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks life with dogs. She deserves all the love she gets :)

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Honey. She is quite a character for sure. I love that pic too since she is all over the place lol.

Scout 'n Freyja said...

♥HAPPY BARKDAY, BELATED♥ Our momma has a special place in her heart for seniors. She loves us when we are young but she sure loves a senior! They have so many good qualities.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Scout & Freyja! She is the pet I've had the longest and my first very own pet which makes her extra special.

Euri said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great day.

P.S. Mommy loves Berners and was very excited to hear that you have a Berner friend from Switzerland.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Euri. Yes Bonzo was her very best friend. He was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met in my life!

Misalyn said...

First time dropping by here.

You have a lovely blog.
I admire you for being a pet lover. Dogs are really humans bestfriend.

While looking at the photos, I feel like going home. Too bad that I can't bring my dog here.

By the way, belated happy birthday Gucci!!

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Misalyn for stopping by and for the beautiful comments. I love all my babies and def would feel lost without them!! As you can probably tell they are a huge part of my life!

Astrid said...

happy very late birthday, Nanuchy! Some dogs are princesses, others are queens, but you are an EMPRESS!

I loved the story of you and Bonzo, as it was beautiful and heartwarming.

I hope that Nanuchy has many more years of happiness and stable health - you keep ruling that roost, girl!

xoxo,
Brownie

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Brownie. Yep she def is special that is for sure. Has absolutely no fear what so ever. It is hard seeing her getting older. But her personality hasn't changed much, just gotten grouchier LOL.