Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter, New Additions, Knutehytta

Hi Everyone :)

Wow been a while since I blogged. Not for lack of things happening but not enough time :)

Happy Easter :) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

I've been having puppy fever for a while now. But the timing isn't right for me to have a puppy.  Between work, working out and taking buses I'm away from the apt 12 hrs at the time.  But I do need something to love.  Soooo I went to the petstore and came back with this:


It is a small tank only 5 gallons / 19 liters :)  I have 2 goldfish and 2 mini plecos (can't remember correct name for them lol)



The orange goldfish I've named Borr : Dad to Odin, Vili, Ve and Herta the Earth. A proper Godfather.




The whitish with black spots I've named Kara : She was a Valkyrie and a Swan Maiden, but due to low flying she ran into an upraised sword whilst trying to prevent a battle.  Even worse it belonged to her husband Heiga a happy hero until this tragic accident.



Of the mini plecos I only got a pic of 1 of them but they look totally alike lol. 
I've named one Nessie : After the Loch Ness Monster, which lives in Scotland.
And the other one Kraken : are legendary sea monsters of gargantuan size, said to have dwelled off the coasts of Norway and Iceland.

Figured Norse and Sea mythology was the way to go this time :)



A couple of weeks ago Melanie and I decided to take a small road trip to Knutehytta which isn't too far from where we live.  It was a totally gorgeous day and we took the opportunity to take some pics.



This place is before you take a long drive up the mountains to get to the top.



There are a lot of streams, rivers and lakes in this area.


Love seeing and hearing all the water :)


Melanie :)






One side of the bridge looks like this.

 
And the other looks like this lol.



Me enjoying the sun :)




Sign leading up to the road to the top of the mountain :)


Small streams all over the place :)


Hubert our mighty steed :)


Was a house here build a couple of hundred years ago :)


Have to say the view is totally awesome up here :)




I seriously need a tan LOL.


Spring is here!!!


A bee busy at work :)


Pretty butterfly :)



There are passage ways like this through out the mountains.


There are a lot of lakes / dams that you pass while going up the mountains.  I bet it is awesome up here in the summer.  We will be back to find out :)


Yes the water is freezing lol.


This cafe / restaurant is at the top of the mountain.  There are a lot of trails which lead from here.


It was lovely sitting out on the deck. 


There are a lot of trails up here several many km.  We found that there was still snow on some of them.


This huge lake is close to the cafe.  I believe it is the lake at the highest part of the mountains there.




You can take a gondola ride up to the tower at the top of that mountain.









Melanie def has been around me a lot lol.


Baby trees!!


Melanie won't be happy until she gives me a heart attack for almost falling off the side of a mountain lol.









I hope you enjoyed the walk thru Knutehytta.  The weather was totally amazing.  It feels so good having Spring here.

We took another road trip on Thursday so hopefully will get those pics up soon.

Hugs,
Anne-Kathrine

























5 comments:

Sue W said...

What a difference from Texas! LOL It is truly lovely!

Marguerite Hall said...

Wow! It is gorgeous there. I loved the fish too. I had a tank here at the office but name my plecos Captain Warren because he was a bottom feeder.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Sue, def completely different especially from Houston which is about as flat as it gets lol.

Thanks Margie :) Love having fish again. I miss my big plecos (Hoover & Humphfey) I had with my turtles (Pookie & Pebbles),

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Your place is so nice. Thanks for taking us in a virtual walk. Wish I could see Norway someday. I would definitely shoot a lot in picturesque places.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Thanks Misalyn :) There are soo many great places to take pics of around here :)