Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rowde's show 01/18/09




Rowde is in center of pic with his handler Brad. Isn't Rowde just too handsome!



On Sunday (01/18/09) I was lucky enough to be able to go to a dog show close to where I live. It was the last day in a 3 day show in Rosenburg, TX. I was so excited to go because I was finally going to see Rowde aka UKC CH, V rated, L and L Dixieland Rowde Mann. I think that is the whole title, but sure there is more lol. This is Rowde's breeder's page.

OMG what a fun show. He really had a great weekend and I couldn't have been prouder for being there for his 1st major. I got to meet Rowde and his handlers and I'm telling you I was this )( close to stealing him and taking him home with me. What a totally sweet boy. So friendly and was quite happy to give me some kisses. He is even more beautiful in person than in pics and videos. I love his rich mahogany coloring. He really looked great. Lois, you really bred a wonderful boy.

A total of 47 rotties were at the show on Sunday and they were all very sweet and well behaved dogs. It was great seeing so many dogs in one area who all had such great temperaments. No acting up or anything.

What I wouldn't have done for a better camera. My camera was having some issues and quite a few pics came out blurry as well as some of the videos. I had to shut the camera off and back on for it to work somewhat. But I did get a bunch of pics and videos.

It was soo nice getting a rottie fix. I really miss having a rottie and can't wait until I can get one. And I think this time around I really want get a show dog. We showed one of our dogs a long time ago. I think I'm ready to get back into that. Hopefully in the next couple of years. So Lois watch out LOL. I called Rowde's mama after the show was over and we talked for a while, she really is too sweet. It really was so much fun watching all the rotties, but even better seeing Rowde who we all have followed since before he was even born.

(you can probably tell I'm still pretty darn excited lol)

10 comments:

Amy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Georgeous said...

Georgeous Rotties!
Hallo Rottie Mom, I've snuffed over from Mona's blog, I saw your comment and with a name like that I had to be curious. Seems to be a few Rott Mumma's out there, I'm my Mum's third one (2 at the bridge but she still see's them in her healing circle when she goes there). None of us where/are show Rotts though, rehabilitated rescues thats us.
Stop by and see the Rotties I met through one of Mum's forums.
http://www.georgeous.us/blog/?p=141#more-141
Big Rottie Kissies
George

Brandy said...

Aww, they're so handosme/pretty! It always amazes me that a dog with that much power is so nice!

Rottie_mom said...

Amy, Thanks, I totally had a blast. I love being around so many beautiful and sweet natured rotties.

Rottie_mom said...

Thank you George. I saw your pic on Mona's site and will hope over and check your site out today.

It really was so much fun at the show. My rottie Patachou wasn't a show dog at all, he came from a backyard breeder but he was the most wonderful boy, regardless of all his health issues!

Rottie_mom said...

Brandy, yep it is all in how your raise them. Also when they are bred for good temperament there is nothing better. I was very lucky with Pata that he had such a great temparement.

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, what fun! Sounds like a great time! Lovely dog, too!

Rottie_mom said...

Melissa, it was the best. So much fun to see such great dogs with the correct temperament! Half male half female, all of them not fixed and not fights or acting up!

Mack said...

It was in Rosenburg?? DANG - my mom would have loved to have seen that!

Rottie_mom said...

Yeah it was. And it was soooo much fun. Didn't realize you were so close.