Monday, January 30, 2012

Hyttetur / Trip to the mountain cabin Jan 2012



Hi everyone,

Happy New Year.  Yes it has been that long since I posted *hangs head in shame* lol.

But to make up for it I'm going to share pics for a lovely weekend 4 girlfriends and I took to a beautiful cabin (ok full fledged house) up in the mountains in Veggli, Norway, which is about 1 1/2 hr from Kongsberg.  One of the girls has a lovely cabin up there.  Totally the way a cabin should be (if you ask me) with all the amenities of home :)  No cabin without electricity or indoor plumbing for me (yes I admit I'm a snob LOL)


It snowed quite a bit while we were there.  Not to cold so being outside was still fun :)



The girls from left to right; Karianne W., Eva, Tone Marie, and me :)


The girls from left to right: Karianne N. (hostess with the mostest lol), Eva, Tone Marie and moi :)

No diets involved this weekend lol.  Friday had a lovely dinner with mix of salad and lots of veggies, with chicken in tandoori seasoning, with bacon (hold the bacon for me lol) and a lovely sauce.


Me, you know I love my veggies and no not all those glasses of wine are mine lol

OMG this dessert, so rich so yummy.  Only needed a little piece and went wonderfully with freshly made coffee (from a good expresso maker none the less)


And what's dessert without a bit of Bailey's on the side??


And said Bailey's is def better with heart shaped ice :)


Centerpiece, love the colors :)

And since we are on the mountain, for a fun weekend.  What is more fun then sledding???  Honestly I haven't done this since 1993 and it was a total blast!!!


Tone Marie waiting for the action to start.


Karianne W., youngest of our group and full of energy :)


Both Kariannes :)


Karianne N on way up and Eva on way down


Tone Marie showing us how it is done


Karianne W: Who says you need a real sled? This is normally used to shovel snow :)


And here I come, watch out!!!!!


I'm one happy camper :) Soooo much fun, def been missing out :)


Karianne N. is tougher than me, head first downhill!!


Eva full speed ahead!!


Karianne N, cheering Tone Marie on!!


Eva def knows what she is doing :)


Me on left, Eva zooming by lol


Karianne W left and Tone Marie right, Happy girls :)


Karianne W giving the shovel another go (ok I'm sure that isn't what it is called but whatever lol)


4 of us making the trip up: Eva in the lead, followed by me, and tie between Karianne N and Tone Marie :)


Me: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)


Tone Marie styling the board :)


Me: snow angel :) in progress :)


Me still snow angeling lol


After all the sledding we decided to warm up with this outside fire feature :)


Same view different angle :)


Me :)


Isn't this cool!!!


Me warming up my hands, Eva in background, Karianne W in foreground :)


Eva and Karianne N. showing us what all this outdoor stuff is about :)


Karianne W and half hidden Tone Marie :)


I'm pretty happy, what a fun day :)


I'm sitting on the couch catching up on my reading, relaxing after being outside :)


Beautiful table setting for dinner on Saturday evening :)


The starter, scallops with asparagus


The main meal moose steak with veggies and potatoes and a creamy mushroom and onion sauce.


OK I didn't have moose, but had chicken instead.  Very yummy :)

Dessert (no pic, how is that possible!!!) was a cup of vanilla pudding (kesam) with cut up mango and crumbled cookies.  I was too full to eat mine :(


But one must pay for all the fun.  My knees were not happy with all the sledding and walking uphill
:(  But it was soooo worth it!!!


Thank god for all the snow outside, makes for perfect ice packs :)


Swollen knees (about 2x the size as usual) and the right knee was hot to the touch. Really should get cartilage behind the knees.  Bone rubbing against bone makes for a good conversations started lol.  People can hear me coming lol. At least I remembered to bring my meds with me :)


Sunday morning, yep I'm still a happy camper :) Knees were better (not great but better lol)


Tone Marie :)
 

It snowed a lot from Saturday to Sunday.  We had taken all the snow off the car on Saturday night :)


Take from front door :)


Next to the cabin, love the snow covered trees :)


Now this is my idea of a cabin in the mountains :)


We had to dig out the car lol


The kitchen is on this side of the cabin.


Winter wonderland :)


You can't even see the full railing with all the snow :)


There should be a railing here LOL


And this is were we had the outdoor fire feature the night before. Look at all that snow :)

It was a wonderful weekend.  Lots of fun, games, snow, sledding, food, and great company :)  I hope we are able to do something like this again :)

Hugs,
Anne-Kathrine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I'm glad you had such a fun time!!! :)
-Your Brat-